Welcome from Head of School
Welcome to Co-op Academy Belle Vue, a new non-selective free school opening in September 2021 in East Manchester.
Co-op Academy Belle Vue is excited to be a pioneer in research and values led learning in Manchester. We know that every child can succeed and we have excellent staff, facilities and resources to ensure this can happen.
At Co-op Academy Belle Vue the following values are key:
- Self-help: We want pupils to do things for themselves in the right way and at the right time.
- Self-responsibility: Everyone will act in a responsible way around the academy and in the local community. We take responsibility for our own learning; we are independent learners.
- Equality: We are proud to be part of a very multi-cultural academy, with students from all over the world. It is important that we treat each other with respect and accept that others may be different from ourselves. We should all have equal chances to succeed.
- Equity: We want to look for the best in each other. Rewarding others fairly to encourage all types of achievement.
- Democracy: We will contribute our ideas to make the academy a success.
- Solidarity: We can achieve more by working together, rather than as individuals.
We look to emulate the top schools nationally so that we can equip our pupils with skills, knowledge and an intrinsic desire to continue their learning beyond our school gates, to be the pioneers of Manchester and go forward and change their part of the world.
As Head of School, I am proud to be part of a fantastic trust and school who are solely focussed on helping the pupils, families and communities of East Manchester.